Tips and recommendations
Avoid any surprises by arriving at Pärnu airport at least an hour before your scheduled flight. Here are some other things you can do to make sure your journey will be thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing.
Preparation is the key to smooth and relaxing air travel!
- Check the terms and conditions of your airline. Your ticket is your contract with the airline, but there are different rules and regulations that apply to baggage, service, traveller’s rights etc. Airlines are placing more and more responsibility on the shoulders of travellers these days.
- Make sure you double-check all of your documents. Are your passport and ID-card valid? Are you travelling with prescription medications that require a certificate issued by the Estonian Agency of Medicines? If you are travelling alone with a minor, does your destination country require a letter of consent from the other parent?
- Make sure that your hand luggage meets the size and weight requirements of your airline and does not contain any restricted items.
- Are you travelling with a pet, a unique item such as musical instrument, or any other valuable or fragile items? If so, make sure your airline is aware and has agreed to carry it.
- If you are carrying presents, do not gift-wrap them before your flight as you may need to open the boxes during the security checks.
- Whenever possible, check in online: it saves time and energy.
- Get travel insurance. It does not cost much, but can be invaluable in an emergency.
At the airport
- Arrive early! Give yourself at least an hour before your scheduled departure, so you can avoid stress in any unexpected situations such as queues etc.
- If you haven’t checked in online, do it in the airport as soon as you arrive.
- Prepare for the pre-flight security checks. Removing footwear and belts before the check help speed up the process for everyone.